Sorry About The Lobster ...Heads

Neil French is one of the most amazing advertising legends and his book 'Sorry About The Lobsters'  on advertising is what inspired the post title today.

Leaving the tried and tested in order to set out and do something different and exciting needs courage and loads of inspiration, hence reminding myself of Neil French pretty often these days. There have been many advertising greats...but this is one - who is alive and kicking and on my FB friends list to boot (there I have said it...cant stop gloating you see).
Neil's work life has been unpredictable and colorful and am sure Neil would agree these are understatements.

You may wonder what exactly does Neil French have to do with this post on a food blog so here is how I see the connect:

1)  his booktitle has lobsters - so does this post
2) his life has been about seizing a situation and making the most of it - so is this post

Now that I have explained the connect lets get back to the business of Heads...Lobster heads to be exact. As you must know we bongs eat all things fishy (ah yes lobsters are fish in our lingo).

I spotted these big lobster heads at my preferred fishwalla stall at C R Park and on asking found that the rest of the lobster is send out for exports and the heads sold separately.

I picked up a kg of them thinking that I would figure out what could be done with them once home.

The lobster heads stayed in the freezer for about five days before I figured that the best thing to do would be to make them into pakoras and have with dal and rice.
Yesterday being a holiday - called for something different on the table.

I had already made a Channa batura for breakfast. So the pakoras were the lunch surprise.

So here's what I did:

Cleaned the heads and marinated them in a paste of onion, garlic, turmeric, salt, chilli, rice flour and lemon juice.

Let them rest for about 4 hours.

Made a mix of 3 tablespoons of cornflour, a pinch of salt and 2 eggs with a bit of milk added to make it runny.




 
Took off the hard shell around the head, quickly dipped it in the mix and deep fried it in a kadhai.

The result was a yummy pakora which was just right to celebrate a holiday with :)


Sorry about the lobster...heads, finishing too soon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31