My attempt at an acceptance speech

Background: Have been conferred the Brilliante Award 2008 by Mampi. She has given it to me “For bringing out the innermost turmoils of human soul, for offering a myriad view of all that she witnesses around her”.

So I am sitting at my desk, gloating over this award and wondering what the best things to say are. Ok here goes:

“Mampi thank you very much for this award, since it my first ever on blogsville it truly feels awesome.
When you say I bring out the ‘innermost turmoil of human soul’ I am a little dumbfounded cause such a huge exercise I had never attempted or even thought of attempting. Whatever I have written on the blog are thoughts and feelings that have touched me. If they are able to showcase something larger it can only mean that finally under the diversities of colour, creed, region, language, gender, religion and world views all human beings are essentially the same.”



( I am leaving out the part about thanking friends, family, colleague and most importantly enemies for making me write.)



Now for the next part, where in I have to confer the award to a minimum of seven other bloggers. I am not rating anyone cause each one writes about certain specific things and therefore they are not comparable. So here goes:

New Pinch – for being the cutest, youngest blogger I know.

Phatichar – for writing such beautiful stories that scare, enthrall and captivate

Indian Home Maker – for being a home maker who makes it her business to know more than the price of bhajji. She writes well-informed pieces which always ring a bell.

Cherry Pie – for writing the most awesome, doable receipes, I have ever read

Heaven’s Garden – a better blog for understanding India and all things Indian would be difficult to come across

Cynic – she is me at times …just a few years younger and lot smarter…am proud to know you girl


Parry – all I can say is I read what he wrote and fell in love that should be reason enough isn’t it?

Am not binding anyone to carrying on this chain of award-giving though it would be nice if you too would bring out your lists. For rules and stuff look here.

Comments

Pinku Thanks! Am honored...have no idea how I am going to make 'an acceptance speech!'
But let me try right away...
BTW Loved the bit about thanking enemies also for how and what you writ, yes enemies should be thanked!
Pinku said…
Hey IHM, I am honoured that you accept...yes enemies are important...we mostly use the blog to air our grievances and that means enemies to our thoughts, way of life or ideologies. Am not saying all of it is so, but some of it is purely thanks to those episodes and people who rankle. :)
rayshma said…
heyy... congrats!!! well deserved, this! :)
Mampi said…
The acceptance speech was great.
Guess what, I forgot mine.
where is the award ki pic? woh toh zaruri hoti hai.
Yayyy! Someone I know got an award. Yaay Someone I know awarded me an award!
~Hemanth~ said…
Congratulations to you both on winning this award. Pinku, I loved some of the other blogs mentioned here. Thank you, for sharing such awesome blogs.

~Hemanth.
Julia said…
Hey Pinku, thank you SO much, what a lovely surprise! You're very kind and I feel very honoured. :-)
Anonymous said…
if there was anyone who deserved it, it was New Pinch. Im glad u mentioned her. :) oh I so need to get down to doing this award thingie .... still in rebellion, i am. congratulations by the way!! :)
you are definitely the most optimistic blogger around :)
Hey what a nice concept..and you deserved it. Good acceptance speech and I enjoyed checking out the other blogs you awarded.
Pinku said…
hey rayshma, thanks a ton...

Mampi mam, have followed orders...

hey cynic :)
Pinku said…
Hey Morph wolf...if you would kindly update ur blog...maybe u would get it too....u just need to stop being lazy.

@ Julia....u do deserve it...believe me...

hey Roop, thanks and same to you.
Pinku said…
hey Sailor...that remark...makes me feel good and foolish in equal measure...do explain what exactly u mean by it..
Pinku said…
Akshaya, thanks ...yeah i think its always nice when your peers compliment you.
Anonymous said…
Congrats...Your blog really deserves it with your commendable effort her...Thanks very much for also conferring it to my blog...I'm really honoured & humbly accept it...its because of readers like you that my blog exist & provide the motivation to carry on...Thanks:)
Keshi said…
Congratts All!

keshi.
man in painting said…
I got you frm mampi's blog...
read "jab we met"...
liked your blog..
will take time to read older post..
me too blog
do visit.
MIP
Hemanth Potluri said…
wow congrats Pinku and all whom have been awarded..:)..

urs..hemu..
Mampi said…
chalo abhi kaam pey lag jao. bahut ho gayee party sharty.

You are tagged, do it jaldi jaldi.
Keshi said…
Pinku u didnt collect ur award from my previous post.


Keshi.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31