Walking into my enchanted world

1st Jan 2015 – I woke up to a new year and a raging headache and wisely told myself no more drinking for at least 3 months. I had been overdoing it over the past few months and the 31st night barbeque party where I kept tossing chicken legs on the grill and drinks topped the list.

Cut to 8th Feb – I figure I am pregnant, we rush to the doctor and after a Ultrasound we get to know that I am over two months pregnant.
And that is how Mowgli came into our lives…unannounced, slyly and when we were not expecting him at all ….much like happiness.

Oh and I must tell you how he got his name?
Well Aarini was watching Jungle Book…the old one you know, the one we watched as kids on Doordarshan with that unforgettable song…jungle jungle pata chaala hai, chaddi pehne ke phool khila hai. So she figured that our new baby (who is still a three month foetus at this point) would also wear a chaddi and crawl and therefore should be called Mowgli and she started talking to my tummy addressing it as Mowgli.

I didn’t mind the name though I had a question for Aarini, ‘what if the baby is a girl?’ She had a ready answer ‘doesn’t matter, she will still be called Mowgli’. So it happened that Mowgli and his name both walked into our life with a will of their own while Parry and me just looked on.

The pregnancy had a few hiccups and a lot many kicks. Mowgli after making a quiet entry had decided to set the record right by kicking me at all possible moments from month 5 onwards. So I went through client meetings, internal assessments etc. with kicks to all my organs.

Interestingly I was so caught up in all this that not once did I think of mentioning any of this on my blog.

1st September 2015
The Doc and I had decided on the date and after a few quick slashes of the blade Mowgli exited my tummy and wailed his way into the world. Parry was a witness and the first one to tell me “it’s a boy!” the doctor confirmed a moment later. We had a name ready for him to match with Aarini’s so promptly the same was mentioned to hospital authorities and Mowgli got his second and formal name Aarohan Adhikari.





27th February 2015
Mowgli turned six months old and ready for his first solid food and Aarini turned five years old on the 24th …to celebrate both we had a joint party very unimaginatively called the PinknBlue Party. Both the kids looked happy and both parents turned batty at the end of it so we figured the party was a success.

1st September 2016 came and to quote Aarini again, “Mowgli atleast now has a year to call his own”.
The lil baby has turned into little boy who is showing signs of being a gizmo freak. Vehicles and phones are his thing, balls and toys just don’t excite him though. Mowgli’s crawling speed is better than the Delhi traffic and he has started taking a few tentative steps so I thought its high time he stepped into my enchanted world as well.




Comments

Astha Pasta said…
Belated happy birthday to Mowgli... I am just 22 days late.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31