Addicted for Life!!!

Akshaya says I am to do a tag. Like all true tags it seeks to reveal a part of me which may not have been shown so far on the posts I write.

I am supposed to jot down my top 5 addictions. Now here is the first problem, just five???? I have so many and to just write about five would be such a mean thing to do for all those others who make my life interesting.

Anyways, since I have been tagged there is nothing much I can do but comply, so here goes but be warned this list is not made in a matter of importance:

Addiction No. 1: To lie in bed and have a cup of coffee or tea – I just can’t manage to get out without a cuppa in the morning. And yes, it better be good. So much so, that I keep an electric Kettle handy whenever I am alone so that my cup can be made ready without my needing to leave bed.






Addiction No. 2: Non Veg food – seafood to chicken to red meat
I need my dose of high proteins regularly in order to survive. Keep me off them for a week and like the shorn Samson I lose all my strength and vitality.



Addiction No 3: Love – yeah love….am completely addicted to it, both in the giving and receiving forms. I love LOVE, period.

Addiction No 4: Hope – I can’t do without hoping for something good. Even in the darkest hour, in the dourest mood, I find something after a while that gives me hope.

Addiction No 5: Plants, animals and human being – I love being surrounded by all these. God has mercifully given me respectably green thumbs that allow me to grow a few plants around me wherever I am. For pets I have Crazy at home and street dogs everywhere else and as for humans, I chat up all and sundry, learning something new from each.

Now the best part I get to pass on this addiction...oops Tag to five others, so here goes... Mampi, Hemanth, Parry, Nimmy & Ambs.

Guys don't disappoint me please.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow..me tagedd..First time...eeehooo...Lemme have a post..err..after some time..its iftar time...

Thanks pinku :)
Anonymous said…
Oh so this is the tag that you have passed, and I thought you are asking her to respond on my comment. LOL
Five addictions! You forgot to mention blogging! Aren't you addicted to blogging??? I too am adicted to Tea, bed tea is a common, the most common Indian addiction, I am sure :)
How lucky to have green thumbs, I love greener and plants but am zero with plants:(
Ramya Ramadurai said…
:)

i am addicted to coffee too! :)
Hey pinku..thanks for doing my tag..Love and hope??? so much positivity, I'm glad I passed on the tag to you. Btw I keep a kettle by my bedside too...dats when I'm nt home:)
You can live without love try it.
*Evil grins all around*
Mampi said…
Picked the tag.
Hehehehehe.
Ab is ki baari kab ayegi......
I have six tags pending, including this.
But I Know you, you are worse than Punjab Police. I will do it asap.
Keshi said…
Im a walking Addiction list!

**Hope

nice one Pinku! thats the only addiction that keeps us going somehow.


Keshi.
Pinku said…
Nimmy....glad it makes you happy. Hope you do it asap.

AK... yeah just wanted her to do the tag...will do us all good especially after the intense discussions you guys indulge in.

IHM - of course am addicted to blogging. But then like I said 5 is too few for me. Yeah my plants are my pride and joy.


Galadriel: welcome to the club :)


Akshaya: thanks for passing it on, had fun doing it.

Sujoy: I might live without love but would it be worth it?

Mampi: since you know me so well, am hoping to see your post up by today. :)

Keshi: Hope makes the dawn beautiful and the night not so scary...so it had to be on the list.
Trevor Penn said…
Addictions are a weakness. But with addictions 3, 4, and 5, you move from strength to strength. kudos.

PS: love the pups (in the pic). I've got seven new ones to name. They've barely opened their eyes and can't walk yet. :)
Anonymous said…
Nice blog...enjoyed your posts. Particularly liked the list of your wishes.....mainly because saw a few of mine there! ;-)

Cheers,

Quirky Indian
http://quirkyindian.wordpress.com
Pinku said…
Trevor... addictions are things we cant do without...whether they become weaknesses or strengths depends upon what we choose to get addicted with :)

The pups sadly are not mine...and i so want one...wish you were here in Delhi would have surely stolen one of yours ;)

By the way...would naming after the seven dwarfs be acceptable?
Pinku said…
Quirky Indian...welcome to my enchanted world....and do tell which all wishes we share in common ...would be interesting to know..
Parry said…
ha! first off the blogging block! latecomers, please to stand up on the bench and raise your hands till end of Madame Pinku's Class
Trevor Penn said…
They're my sister's pups. With two grown dogs and the 7-pup litter, it's a rackett.

Sis is going to give most of 'em away to "responsible" friends. I think only a couple of ppl have cleared her background check, lol. Had i a place of my own, i'd have taken a couple myself. Too bad you aren't in Hyd. :)

Sis was thinking of the seven dwarfs too. I think she'll settle on names once she decides how many she wants to keep. She counts on me for quirky names :)
Pinku said…
Pinknblu...you may not shout so much in class...and though you did finish the homework you didnt do it honestly...cause you didnt mention your biggest addiction....Women!!!
rayshma said…
lovely! :) who is Crazy?
i LOVE animals... but not allowed to have any pets as of now. soon as we get out from here... :)
Vinod_Sharma said…
Pinku, you seem to be a very sensual woman...
Pinku said…
Hemanth....i see that post he he u have also done the tag...good boy.

Rayshma...crazy is my lil doggie who stays now with mom...am not being allowed pets at home also right now and am wondering if a dharna at Jantar mantar could solve things.

Vinod...of course I am a sensual woman...but I would like to know what made you say so.
Vinod_Sharma said…
That's a tough one to pinpoint on any one thing that I have read in your blog...I have just sensed it from the whole "body" of your writings here.
Anonymous said…
Quite a neat kind of blog you have.

Hope is a good one, everybody should be addicted to it.

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Hope you liked it. If yes, I should see you more often there. :-)
Pinku said…
hey cuckoo welcome to my enchanted world :)

thanks for the appreciation and yes I will be dropping in at yours...quite liked what I saw.
Sukku said…
It's nice to know about your addition and as you said....why only five? I bet you can write some more and it be an interesting read.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31