Some dreams

I started out in life with some dreams, a couple of aspirations and a few vague goals of how I wanted to live life.

There were some do’s and don’t in my list of things like am sure everyone has. The most important of these was an attempt to live an honest, uncomplicated life. Honest not in the Gandhian sense of telling the truth no matter what rather in being able to openly do what I wanted to do.

One thing I have always hated is the need for camouflage.

I never wanted to be the prettiest, the best, the wealthiest all I wanted was contentment and the opportunity to be happy and make those around me happy in whatever small measure I could.

Now at the much experienced age of thirty when I survey the scene around me all I find is a Mahabharat like battlefield littered with the carcasses of my dreams, aspirations, well intentioned actions and my goals …my goals are nowhere to be found. They abandoned the field long back, stealthily, leaving me to fend for myself as best as I could.

I have been managing till now, drawing on some imaginary, some real source of stamina and hope that drove me to pick up the shattered pieces yet again and try to rebuild what could have been. But then at times such as now that source too runs dry or like a mirage reveals its true identity.

And then I see my life stretched out like an endless desert where each direction is covered only with sand and more sand, lifeless and barren. That’s when I lose the will to carry on and why should I move? Each grain of sand is just the same as the other there is no distinction.

I am tired of this whole situation, this scenario. I wish I could wipe it clean and begin life all over again with a different set of dreams, aspirations, goals…

Comments

Sahil Banga said…
pinku, you're just 30! life is yet to begin, all again. dont lose heart or hope. u inspire others to live life like a gypsy, enjoy it to the hilt. i kno there comes a saturation point, bt then, we only grow stronger, isnt it? all i can say is, cheer up and look forward to life, in this vast desert, theres not just oasis, but in the horizon, there's an ocean waiting to be discovered. but first, you'll have to cover the desert.
Anonymous said…
iam really very tired...very well written as always.. :)

swadha
Kayla said…
Hi Pinku! I caught up on your blog tonight, and wow...you have so many great, thought provoking pieces! Though I must admit this one was pretty sad to read. Never give up! You have too much going for you. You should read the lyrics to this song...I heard it last night on American Idol, of all shows, but I found it to be really inspiring. Enjoy :)
Minal said…
Yes. Why can't you? Dreams and aspirations HAVE to change with time.
Whatever your idea of perfect life was like a decade ago would not stand true today.
So, start all over again. It helps.
Pinku said…
Hey Guys!

A zillion thanks for commenting on this one. I was feeling especially low when I wrote, life didnt seem to have anything to offer any more but today when I saw your comments I felt your support and encouragement and life seemed not so bad after all.

Sahil, I am hoping to see that ocean someday, I do catch glimpses now and then but...

Kayla, many thanks for the link to the song, its beautiful.

Minal, I am trying, I am trying but at times I just cant push against this wall called fate any more.

But I will remember all your encouraging words and try once more before giving up.

Thanks once again,
Anonymous said…
hey! could it be that in one week the ocean has swallowed the desert and has left in its eternal ebb-flow rhythms - a wet sandy beach like path ? one that allows you to walk but reminds you that as long as there is restless energy besides you, you need to keep walking on that sand. wonderful when with people. But even when not, calming and encouraging.
March on!For your day is soon to be born!
AVIANA said…
Chica!!!!

Que paso? (what happened) Please don't think your life is over simply because the dreams you've been trying to attain are no longer your passion. there's another passion around the corner waiting for your heart to devour it! when your heart devours it, let it rush right through your veins and show the world you are not ordinary.

dreams change, life is constant....only you can decide your fate....the life you have lived does not have to be the only life you will live.....

lisa
AVIANA said…
how are you?
Anonymous said…
Hi pinku,
this particular blog has really caught my attention and made me write. I read all your blogs , but this one has made me think... you have put it such nice words...but I know your sand will fly away soon. you have to become an expert swimmer as ocean is heading towards you soon. go get ready... CHEER UP!!
Juni
AVIANA said…
Remember you got TAGGED!

Popular posts from this blog

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31