Cant help pondering...

Well, actually, priyanka, you were different. 

You didn't want a perfect life, a typical life, or even a normal life.

You wanted a one-of-a-kind.

How we doing?
   The Universe


The above note suitably customized would have been received by thousands across the world today as it was by me thanks to our common subscription to a site called TUT. TUT sends out a note a day to subscribers written by Mike Dooley who claims to be speaking on behalf of the Universe no less.

Part fun, part philosophical the notes are usually a welcome break in a work day. As often happens with such things many a time the note gives hope, cheers up or just brings a smile. Even though we well know that it comes from one person and the same note would be received by many it still seems to speak with us with a special intimacy.

Today was one such day...the note read so true that it caught my breath. I reread to ensure I had read it right and it also brought back a brief conversation with a colleague to mind, she had suggested that I use my ability to influence in a focused manner to help others. 

I have truly never wanted a perfect typical life. I have wanted to experience various things whether nice or naughty or sometimes plain foolish. I have believed in all the good things I have read in books like honesty, integrity, friendship, leadership and loyalty while knowing that mostly the opposite values are to be witnessed in real life. And the 40+ years have not made me change my views, I still believe that the righteous will win and there is justice in this world even if delayed.

I am often told that my ideals are foolish and bookish and not for the real world. The only success I can truly claim as mine is perhaps my ability to believe in an ideal enchanted world and not give up on what I think is right.
So here is my question for you, do you think I ought to be attempting in any way to influence how people lead their lives? Or do I perhaps need to relearn some life lessons.

I await your feedback ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31