the last year of the 30s

28th April 2016

Hi World,

I turned 39 today…my last year in the 30s before I step into official middle age. Honestly life has been feeling pretty blasé for some time. I have been in hold-on-to-status-quo-mode' for a while now and let life take its own route to wherever it’s going.

By chance I ordered a pair of prescription glasses and they got delivered yesterday and I ended up wearing the new glasses today. The bright clear vision coupled with the fact that it is my birthday makes me feel rejuvenated. It feels like a veil has been removed and I am seeing the world anew.
Perhaps it is time again to take hold of the reins and give a good tug. Life ought to spring back into some action and motivation.

While everything could do with a new coat of paint figuratively and perhaps literally as well, I am picking up three areas in which I want to make a marked difference in the coming one year.

Health: I am obese and need to lose weight like now. So the challenge is to achieve my ideal body weight of 55 kgs by my birthday next year. This is going to be the toughest cause my gluttony and sloth are both enormous.

Wealth: I need to be in control of my finances and need to stop hurtling from one expense to another. By next year I should be able to have no pending bills anywhere and some surplus cash as well.

Balance: while I have a few strengths my biggest weakness is my inability to balance things and be a little detached from everything. So now that’s the focus area, empathize but don’t get sucked in.
This could have been a ‘in my heart’ sort of wish, I am putting it up on the blog hoping that ever so often I will revisit this post and my spirit if it sags will find energy here. Also I will live in fear that one of the readers might poke me with a reminder ;)

So to 39 then.





Cheers!
Pinku






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31