To a 4 year OLD little girl

Dear Ringorotash,

yes you of the million name fame i.e. my darling badmash daughter. You turned four yesterday. You have been insisting that you want to grow big but almost immediately you let us know that though you are four now you are still a baby and therefore we shouldnt expect so much from you.


At Bookaroo - your first visit to a Book fair - both dadda and me hope that you will catch the reading bug, much like us.

I wonder where you have got your logical mind from. Am sure your dad or me would never have come up with such complicated thoughts at age four.

You tell us complicated stuff like, "babies too have feelings" when scolded and when I ask you where your feelings are you point to your tear ducts. You also tell lies and when caught say you were just playing a prank. You dont like being second guessed at all. And you are a self proclaimed 'genius' though you frequently forget your ABC's.

At Jiya baby's first birthday - with your first tattoo 
I write all this in an attempt to chronicle your actions and thoughts so that when you grow up and memory grows fuzzy for me, we can still read this and laugh :)

I love the way you express yourself most of the time and are quick to give a mampi and a compliment to almost everyone. I also love your ability to share your stuff .
What worries me a bit is your anger levels and I am hoping we will both be able to handle it and channelize it better.

At the annual Dipanwita picnic - watching Dadda play cricket
You have just started on your Bharatnatyam classes and I am hoping unlike me you will continue with those and learn to enjoy the dance form and it will help you expend your energies as well as focus your mind.

In school too you are preparing for your annual function and we look forward to seeing you on stage performing with your class for the first time. Your love for the stage has not diminished at all though lately you have learnt the art of feeling shy and are hit by sudden bouts of it.

Oh did I mention that you have finally come round to have a girl as a role model....so now you are officially out of Chotta Bheem mode and into trying to be Suzuka :)

Though I want to write more frequently to you, my letters are almost becoming an annual affair, something I hope to correct this year.

So signing off for now...with loads of love and best wishes to my lil baby who will always be my lil baby no matter how old she gets.

Love you Rinush,

Have lots of fun and be good at the same time.


Mamman

Comments

Astha Pasta said…
So cute Priyanka ma'am. Shuks I forgot your birthday Aarini! Happy Birthday!

So this last weekend, you with your mum, dada and me had lunch at KFC at Dwarka sector 4. Aka your-favorite-food-joint apparently. You definitely led the way to the store.

What I loved the most was that when all three adults were busy in talking about the boring office stuff, you suddenly demanded your mum's attention and asked to be complimented. And I learnt that no one, just NO ONE should be left out in a pleasant get together.

Loads of love baby.
Pinku said…
thanks Astha...

Do visit us at home soon. Aarini will happily take you around 'her room'.

And yeah one lesson I have learnt the hard way is that there is no ignoring Aarini :)
Rekha Karmakar said…
True. Aarini cannot be ignored. She will always be at the centre stage.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31