A Double Century and moving Ahead

My last post was the 200th on the blog. A big milestone for me which I wanted to make meaningful in all sorts of ways but then Gaza was in the news and I couldn't hide my disappointment with Israel and had to pen down my angst and so the 200th post became a cry for decency, humanity and sanity to reign.

So here I am writing my 201st post and thinking about all that's going on in my life.

ADJUSTMENT
For the past four years my mom had been living with us not because she wanted to but situations and circumstances had made her wrap up her own household and come and live with us. It took a lot of adjusting to for all concerned and then Aarini came along and Mom being with us became a blessing. with her Grandma being her full time Mom while I played the part only when it suited me.

Last week Mom moved out to a flat close to ours to set up home again with my Masi. It means time for adjustment and  reorientation yet again. Aarini doesnt like this change one bit, things she has got used to seeing in one home are now split in two. Mom with whom she slept every night has gone and taken the BED as well. My little 3.5 years old is learning the bitter taste of adjustment.

NEW BEGINNINGS
Television, Aarini and Mom-trying-to-feed-her have been all this while the Holy Trinity of our household. We came to believe that its impossible for Aarini to swallow if the TV is not switched on to her favorite cartoon channel. With Mom leaving and the TV set not set up again. We have been having dinner at the table with Aarini sitting with us through most of the meal. (She gets up towards the end to climb a few chairbacks which I am ignoring for now). Told Mom about this development and was met with a humpf!!!

BALANCE
All my life I have been engaged in a high pressure job which gave me an adrenaline rush and made me think that this is what having a job was all about. I knew nothing of work-life balance and beamed in my ignorance. The beginning of this year brought me a profile very different from my previously held ones, it also taught me that life beyond work is possible. I admit it took me some time to adjust to the idea of leaving work in time and going home before the sky turns pitch dark. But with the 9th month here I can safely say I have journeyed on this learning curve and am now at a point where I can meaningfully contribute at work while having a life beyond it as well. My food blog stirfrydreams.blogspot.in  and facebook page by the same name are possible thanks to this new found balance.


DREAM COME TRUE
Ever since I first met my husband we have discussed travel, books, films and food before discussing money, job, future and all those other important things. We have a long list of must visits two of which we are hoping to realize next week. So fingers crossed till we arrive where we have flown so often on the wings of dreams.

Comments

Kalyan Karmakar said…
Here's to many more centuries and lovely changes
Pinku said…
Thank you so much Knife...I sometimes think of the many million miles we have traveled through our own blogs and that of friends and wonder at it all.
I surprise myself with the kind of 'inside information' I have accumulated on people just by reading their blogs over years :)

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31