No Comparison To a Mother's Love

She is the one who gave birth
me merely the one who wishes I had

to her it was the result of a night of carelessness
for me it would be the fruit of utmost care

for her life's possibilities came dashing down when the news broke
for me life would take wings if I could but just get that message

for her she is the by product of her quest for social security and acceptance
for me, she is the symbol that God hasn't forsaken mankind

she tries to rule mind and soul
I just want a bit of heart space

She frowns at questions
I wonder at her wonder and the wonder that she is

she is the mother
I am but the woman who would have given anything to be one

she bore her for nine months
I have lived with the hollowness within for nine years

How can my love ever compare with a mother's love?

Comments

Pinku you wrote this!!? This is just beautiful!And how true!
Mampi said…
"I wonder at her wonder and the wonder that she is" - loved these lines.
You yourself are such a wonderful person that your love can never go unrewarded.
Amen to the prayers!
Its a beautiful poem. I get the pathos but dont know what to say.
Ramya Ramadurai said…
:)
moved.. beyond words.
Keshi said…
I agree. Only mothers can love unconditionally.

But I hv also seen and heard of horrible mums...mums that hv abandoned and hurt their kids.


Keshi.
AVIANA said…
wow....wow....

amazing...wow...genuinely..wow

as long as you love freely, openly, genuinely....your love will never compare to another, not even a mother's love..your love is you...and nothing compares to you...ever...
Solitaire said…
WOW!! What a stark contrast in perspectives of the same relationship.

Well-written.
Pinku said…
guys...all of you thanks for visiting and commenting on this one...and most of all by keeping my faith alive by not saying 'nah u dont compare to a mother's love, no one does.' Its a big boost. thanks once again.
~Hemanth~ said…
Well they have said it all :)... really loved the poem and the gentle cuts it makes across the relationship!!

~Hemanth.
EXSENO said…
Just because a woman carries a child in her belly doesn't mean that she will be automatically a good Mother.

This makes a good Mother.
"I am but the woman who would have given anything to be one"

Adopt.
Pinku said…
thanks exseno....coming from u it means a lot. I do mean to adopt one day...its been my plan to do so since I was myself a child
Vinod_Sharma said…
Pinku, this is the first time I have come here...you are amazing...a rare flower...the well of your emotions is nourishing and purifying.

This poem is unbelievable... you cannot be denied motherhood...you know mother's love better than the one who became one, carelessly.
Pinku said…
Dear Vinod, thanks for visiting and the kind words. Do keep coming back.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31