Love's Labour regained

Can see only the top of your head.
The nose and mouth are snuggled into my bosom.
The arm thrown over me holds me tight
as if the fear of my going away is real even in dreams.
The legs are wrapped around mine.

I can't move. Nor do I want to.
Can't bear to disturb your sleep.
Caressing your hair, I wonder how many more hands have done this.
How many other women have lain awake,
in order to cradle you this way?

No, you didn't say you wanted me to
But your body says it wants to be held close
It wants to be reassured
It wants to be loved.

I am tired too,
Sleep touches the corners of my eyes
But I don't want to miss this exquisite moment
I have lived through so many sleepless nights for this
this opportunity,
this right to hold you close,
to touch the tip of your ears with my tongue
and watch as you shiver ever so slightly

what is it that I am feeling right now?
Its not lust,
its not even love like the romances describe it to be
I feel like a mother watching over her young,
I feel like a sister slowly caressing her younger sibling
I feel like a mistress who can with a few touches arouse passion in her man
(Mind you I don't do anything of the sort.)

I feel, oh I just feel,
I feel complete.

Comments

Guess it is not love or lust, just the yearning to be with someone where one feels safe.

Opinion sharing with Polka too...
but you were totally off the mark with your comment.
Pinku said…
Hi Sujoy,

yeah the need to be close to that someone special is a huge motivator.

Which comment for polka did you mean?
aKaNKsHa sHaRMa said…
Hi Pinku...

First things first... I like your stuff too...
And thank you for reviewing my blog. I am very glad you liked my writings.. :)

Take care!
Smiles
Akanksha
Pinku said…
hey akanksha, thanks for dropping by...
Mampi said…
So So true,
It has happened so many times with me too.
When you love, it better be a love without name. A very sweet and touching post.
Pinku said…
thanks Manpreet ....these feelings I think are universal...everyone feels like this sometimes..
Keshi said…
Sometimes I get confused many emotions...its so hard to tell.

Keshi.
EXSENO said…
Lovely poem, I think you are right anyone who has loved at all has felt this way at one time or another.
Seventh Scorpio said…
let yourself enjoy the completion. nothing can replace the feeling of wanting to lay in bed with someone special to you. i often start arguments when i don't want to admit that i just want more time to hold and be held through the night into the morning in bed.
Pinku said…
hey Keshi,

love is muddleheaded didnt u know?

exsenso - thanks for dropping by and reaffirming my belief that pure feelings like love transcend all barriers.

Dear Dear Seventh Scorpio, am so glad to see u here. thanks I am enjoying the bliss and hoping that it lasts longer than i do.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31