I have been writing about my trips on this blog regularly under the label footprints . So much so that part of the excitement of going on a trip now seems to be the recounting of it once back on the blog for friends. The trip this time was no different, since right from the beginning I kept filing away details in my mind and clicking pictures all with the view that it would get space on the blog. However since my travel mate Mampi is already writing about the exact activities of the trip in great detail I am not going to repeat it. You can visit her blog for details. Let me therefore share with you some snippets and photographs. It was Dalhousie that we went to this time. Famously nicknamed " dull & lousy " by the boisterous crowds, the place is a military cantonment and a quaint little town that was set up just 150 years ago. We arrived there in high spirits, the thrill of having escaped the mundane hectic lives we normally lead giving all of us extra broad smiles. A ...
As we see the images of Kashmiris asking for separation over and over again. It hits home that all this hullabaloo is actually because they find their homeland under threat. The threat is real or imagined can be a matter of debate however the fact remains that having your home turf under attack is not a easy feeling to live with. So what am I trying to say? Well just that the Kashmiris are not the only one clamouring to be heard through their many parades and leaders, some dumb creatures too are crying out and asking for our support. The Olive Ridley Turtles are going to lose their breeding grounds soon thanks to a port that the Tata’s are planning at Dhamra, one of the last natural habitats of these endangered species. I wrote a letter to Mr. Ratan Tata today through GreenPeace an organization which is fighting on behalf of the turtles and their right to live. Here is my letter: Dear Mr.Tata, It would be nice to know that apart from a lot of steel you also have a heart. Money can...
My relation with my God is special. God is a friend, philosopher, and guide to me. At times also a fellow prankster. I call him by many names and at times that I am really feeling good I even think of Him as Her. God to me is omnipresent, omnipotent and yes God looks after me and its not the other way round. Yes He does expect me to help my fellow beings but mind you my God is strong infact he is the strongest and he doesn’t need me, I need him. The names I call him depend on what it is that I seek from him. When I need hope I call him Jesus . When its patience I seek I call him Shiva . When very tired and looking for more stamina I call him Allah (say the word out loud without any preconceived notions and feel what I mean). When its strength I seek I call him Wahe Guru and when I wonder about his inconceivable powers I think of him as Yahweh (the unknowable). When knowledge is what I look for I think of him as the Buddha . So you see my God has many names and he stays true to each ...
Comments