From the Unbou to the Unbor

Hey Partner,

I walked out of the house early morning today for my blessed office events with the thought that what a thing to do on the day we complete 11 years of marriage. And it brought back the memory of something we were discussing recently about how I am not very 'bou' like. I don't do the 'will ask husband' routine and nor do I demur to your wishes and God forbid commands!!! I think I make most of your friends uncomfortable cause they don't seem to know what to do with a woman who seems to have an opinion and a strong one at that.

I am thinking that it can't be easy for you to be seen as this hen pecked man who let's his wife walk all over him.

But then just when I was almost starting to feel bad about you I realised that neither are you very 'bor' like. You don't try to be the commanding officer, you don't dictate terms and you don't pretend that you know everything about the country, sports or finance. You are so pleased with my successes (that look of pride in your eyes and that smile makes me want to climb mountains) you get so pissed off with people I am pissed off with that I end up playing peacemaker between them and you.

You are happy to do baby sitting duties and horror of horrors you do deal with not just me but my mom as well living with us and in her ever helpful way meddling in most things and basically being another one of the babies that we need to take care of.

So if I am unbou like it's cause you too are unbor like.

It also makes me think that perhaps we have arrived at this 11 year anniversary because we are the way we are. Admit it you would be bored in no time with someone who is only worried about her sari blouse design, the children's exam or the neighbours new car. Nor can I handle a man who is obsessed with himself and whose world view stretches to the next Friday release.

We enjoy each other's company the most, we can discuss our books, politics, adventures, fantasies and we know that we have each other's back. It might make us an Uncouple but then since when did we start bothering about what the world thinks.

So on that note I sign off with the advice that keep enduring me I am totally worth it ;)

And so are you.

Cheers,

The unbou

P.S: bou is Bangla for wife and bor for husband

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31