Eggless Carrot Muffins Healthy bhi, tasty bhi

Having an infant in the house means you get used to waking up at odd hours and acting as if nothing is amiss. Today the infant was actually kind and gave me about six hours straight night sleep (a huge rarity these days when the normal is to get up every two hours) so when he wailed at 5:30 and wanted a feed I got up in an instant.

Having fed the baby and put him back to sleep I noticed the time was almost six and sleeping now meant being late for work so I decided to bake instead.

I had just baked a winter fruit cake (Orange) and now I wanted to try my hands on a winter vegetable; the red juicy carrots. There was only one hitch I had run out of eggs. That is when I remembered the flax seeds which have been lying unused for a while now.

Here are the ingredients I gathered:

1 cup white flour (maida)
1.5 cup grated carrots (the red juicy ones)
Half cup powdered sugar (take a lil less if the carrots are really sweet)
Half cup olive oil
2 tbsp flax seed powder
2 tbsp curd
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla essence

What to do:

whisk together sugar and olive oil till creamy and then add the flax seed and curd. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder into the wet mix and whisk well ensuring no lumps. Add the grated carrots and mix everything well. Add the nutmeg.

Pre-heat the oven at 185 degrees and in the meantime prepare 12-15 muffin molds by lightly brushing them with olive oil. Scoop the batter into the molds (remember to fill only till half way up)  and bake at 185 degrees for about 35 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.

Let the muffins sit in the oven for sometime and then take them out to cool.

Have with a cup of coffee or pack for tiffin at school and work.

So by the time the hubby and kid got up I had a tray full of muffins and house full of aroma waiting for them :)




                                                     GOOD MORNING!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31