Going Bananas Over a Banana Bread

Let me start with saying I hate bananas. Always have. Somehow its a fruit I can never get myself into eating in any form and that includes even with ice cream.  

So when I said I want to bake a banana bread my household was in splits. Me and bananas just didnt match up.

I was however adamant that bake the bread I will. The fact that it was whole wheat, no sugar and very little oil convinced me that try I must.

As part of the plan I forbade anyone to eat up three bananas I had kept aside for ripening to the fullest. And on Sunday got down to baking this bread whose recipe I had found at Chef At Large from a fellow member whose name I have forgotten.

Ingredients

Milk ......................... 2 cup ( I used toned milk)
Banana ................. ....... ..3 well ripened

Flax seeds .................. 2 tbsp
Pure vanilla extract....... 2 tsp
Coconut oil ................. 4 tbsp
Honey ....... ................. 6 tbsp
Whole wheat flour....... 2 cup  
Baking powder ............... 4 tsp
Baking soda ................... 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder ............ 3 tsp
Salt ....................................  a little less than a tsp
Raisins ................................ a handful soaked in water beforehand


Method                                                 

(I used the convection mode on my microwave oven)

1.           Preheat the oven to 185 deg.centigrade
2.           Prepare a cake tin by greasing and dusting it
3.           Slightly toast the flax seeds and blend it well with little water(2-3 tsp)
4.           Puree the banana
5.           In a large bowl mix milk, banana puree, flax mixture, pure vanilla, coconut oil and honey
6.           In a separate bowl sift the rest of the ingredients
7.           Now mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until they are just combined
8.           Transfer the mixture to the cake tin, sprinkle the raisins on top and bake  for 30 minutes
9.           A toothpick inserted should come clean
10.        Let it cool for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack

You can choose to use any other dry fruits you like or even keep it plain.

My mom tasted the bread and went bananas...see for yourself. And even i could eat the same without frowning. :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31