Pair-ed with the Knife

The virtual world has given me many friends. Some whom I have met and others who continue to hold my hand and heart over internet connections.

Most of my virtual friends came through blogging. Years back when I first started penning down my thoughts on this blog and someone would come along and empathize, criticize or generally comment. My happiness and thrill knew no bounds.

With time some of those visitors became friends and while writing you almost wrote for them. You knew which line would elicit a smile from whom, you also knew which friend would frown and tell you to take a re-look at whatever it was you were discussing.

Not meeting these people, never seeing them didnt dampen spirits at all. Infact the fact that they were faceless, distant at time gave you the courage to discuss many a n intimate issue you would rather not discuss with real friends for fear of being judged or worse still bitched about in the immediate circle.

Over the years I have had the chance to meet many of these friends in person. The have moved from being just my friends to being family friends.

Yesterday I met a blogger I have been interacting with for over four years. From the time he had barely started blogging and would put up his recipes and travel posts in a passionate, very intimate way to now that he is fast becoming an acclaimed food blogger who knows most food personalities by first name.

The meeting which was for barely half an hour was much anticipated and much talked about later as well. Thanks for taking time out Kalyan (finely chopped), it was a pleasure meeting you.

The partner and me also used the time to connect up and try out this new Chocolate joint in town called San Churro. Its an Australian brand with two stores in Bombay and now the first one opening here in GK 2 M Block market.

Awesome thick chocolate beverages coupled with some yummy chicken croissants and a to die for simply die for Philadelphia Cheese Cake and I was smiling all the way home.

San Churro ChocoLateria - right at the edge of GK M Block Market.
hello Kitty of a chocolatey kind










waiting for The Knife!

In the meantime a Chocolate float and chicken croissant keeps  company



My mug of Hot chocolate with a hint of chilli and cinnamon and the amazing  Philadelphia Cheese cake



The churros with the dips - The Knife recommended it as a must try atleast once.

Finally we meet!

Comments

Kalyan Karmakar said…
It was so wonderful meeting you finally pinku and was pleasantly surprised that p managed it too. Some of my best friends are through blogging and some of you are like family now. And hey did I get you to indirectly write a food post? Yay :)
Pinku said…
Hey knife...

the pleasure was all ours. :) Hoping you find the time to come home on your next visit.

And yes you are write now that i re-read the post does sound like a food post...I can almost see traces of you. guess I have been reading too many of your posts ;)
How do we know said…
i know exactly how it feels to meet ppl in person.. somehow, blogging friends are the closest. bcs they know u inside out and not the other way round :)
Pinku said…
HDWK : so true we do know our blogger friends inside out ... how have u been?

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31