Life after Baby!

Life they said would change a lot after I became a mom. They said priorities would change. So I thought I should chronicle the change and sat down to write this post.

And came upon a surprising revelation – my life hasn’t changed at all. Apart from being happier I don’t find any change in me (we will carefully not mention the extra inches around the waist here, life after all is much more than body shape, isn’t it? ISN’T IT? ).

Now what therefore needs to be investigated is : "How come my life hasn't changed at all?"

The reasons I found were primarily these:

Aarini – she is a happy child (touchwood), doesn’t behave in a cranky fashion, sleeps through the night, cries lustily when hungry but stops the moment food (actually drink) is provided, chatters nonstop while awake – like dad she is a good story teller. And is a sweetheart in a crowd – whether a party scenario or mall – stays playful and curious but never cries. Love you baby.



Mom – that’s my Mom. She is staying with us. She takes care of Aarini, keeps having these intense gossip sessions with her which keep both nani and grandchild absolutely engrossed. Having Mom means I don’t feel guilty about leaving Aarini home whether for work or party cause I know she is being look aftered in the best possible way. (This ensures I don’t turn cranky). Thank God for Moms. (I mean of the Mom variety, my kind wouldn’t be much help I suppose).

Parry – he is good around Aarini, can change diapers and baby sit pretty effectively (the previous experience helps of course). He also doesn’t say I can’t do certain things because I have a baby to take care of. Basically lets me be me (which includes my going away for a four day trip in ten days time) which goes a long way in keeping me happy ;)




Lalita : the maid. She is very effective around Aarini. Runs if she ever hears a whimper. Has a lot of negatives but her handling of Aarini is superb. She has gone back home now but my list would have been incomplete without her. She was a lot of help especially around the time Aarini was born and soon after.








So there – you have the secret of my happiness now go make yours.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you make it look so simple :).. love it!
Pinku said…
it actually isn't very difficult. we of the working, planning, supervising kind have made it into a real big task. Actually if you chill out and relax its no big deal.
So veru cute! Congradulations Pinku :D Nice thanksgiving read but thank got for family, isnt it!
S said…
You forgot a very imp person who is responsible for the "no change" despite a baby. And that's you! You should give yourself credit and a big pat in the back for this :)
Pinku said…
thanks AK ... keep visiting :)

S: am I glad to see you here!! and now i think about it, i guess u are right. I am important too. thanks for reminding. :)
Well.. my life did change a lot after the baby... but that was by choice..and i second S's comment, that the biggest reason is you, not the people helping. Everyone in India has more or less the same support system, but only a few of us are as poised abt it as you..
Pinku said…
hey Esha - welcome to my enchanted world. :)

I just dont want to ever tell my baby that I made big sacrifices for her. I want to tell her that I had a lot of fun with her.

Thats what I am aiming at.
Me said…
Congrats Pinku!!! It had been a long long time... So nice to hear that great things are happening to you... Aarini is super cute...All the best dear!!!
Minal said…
Seems my life has already changed a lot. But, all in a positive way. Am not that hassled anymore- am learning to live in moments.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31