The Wait

Tying up loose ends, signing off from work, hobbies, habits
I am feverishly preparing for your arrival

Aching all night, sitting up counting my joints and days left alternatively
I am wondering what holding you for the first time will be like

I review my life, the way it has been till now
Mad, wild, unthinking, defiant
Instinctively now I move towards planning, being responsible

My body, the repository of so much pride and pleasure
is changing in ways I have never known it to
Not fitting into my favourite clothes, bring a smile
How strange is that?

I wonder at the wonder of it all
I wish to record every tiny movement
Every sign of your presence in my life, inside me

It all feels so novel, till I look around me
and see the teeming millions
realizing how common all this must be
how often felt and seen

Yet for me Miracle maker you don't cease to amaze
and I await thee!

Comments

How do we know said…
All the best Pinku.. waiting and hoping with you.. keep us posted pls.
Haddock said…
Like they say in Hindi...:Intezar ka fal meeta hota hai...."
Iya said…
awww, beautifully put!! and i had a feeling.. i just had a feeling this was coming around!
Pinku said…
thanks all of you :)

will post once i get the result!!

pray for me till then.
Manish Raj said…
My best wishes and prayers Pinku..
Nice Your Blog, review too my blog. Thnkas "ILU"

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31