My Latest Kick

Life right now is all about kicks. Kicks from management for meeting targets, kicks from family for being totally lazy, mental kicks to myself for forgetting yet another important chore or not feeling up to it and most importantly internal kicks which tell me that someone is alive and kicking and just waiting to make a grand entry the moment its time.

These kicks apart from making me sit up suddenly also ensure that from time to time I am reminded of the change that is me. You don’t understand do you? Well let me try and explain then.

You see I have been variously described as being wild, lazy, dynamic, potential trouble maker, potential peace maker, good friend, spendthrift and more.

What I didn’t know I was going to become is a compulsive moaner, groaner, superstitious, suspicious, crying at the drop of a hat, wallowing in self pity sort of person. I can now manage to scare myself with or about anything and everything.

Yesterday a television ad for Johnsons baby wipes had me in a terror grip. And the fact that two of the wall clocks were not functioning properly brought tears. I woke up thrice at night going over my irrational thoughts and had to really stop myself with quite a few mental kicks from waking up the rest of the household so that they could handhold me over this latest crisis.

This is coming from a person who thought nothing about going on solo holidays to the Himalayas or roaming around the city all night in an attempt to practice her recently picked up driving skills or visiting the red light area just to know ‘what it looked like’.

So there friends you know now how exactly I am feeling – to put it mildly I am on a mad roller coaster ride whose remote control is in the hands of a toddler and I have no way of knowing at which moment the train is going to jump the rails.

There aint that the mother of all kicks ;)

Comments

Kalyan Karmakar said…
Growing up is a strange thing Pinku. And the discoveries that we make are even stranger. No point fighting it
Manish Raj said…
Ha ha ha..good one Pinku..

And all the best :)
Pinku said…
Knife....growing up was still bearable, this growing old part is really irksome.


Hey Manish: good to see you here. thanks for the wishes. Hope things are good with you and yours.
Kalyan Karmakar said…
I know what you mean Pinku but there will soon be a time where we might so "oh to be 36 again' ;)
Seventh Scorpio said…
nice. a toddler sounds way more interesting than a responsible adult!
mixdbrew said…
Sigh...i know exactly what you mean. Went through all of it without the 'nice thing happening inside', so it was even worse! When i look back, I had turned into this whining, bitching machine, always finding fault with my life and I couldn't believe what i had turned into! The reason why I finally quit my job, headed afar, home, thought, reflected, mused...and came away from it all calmer, happier. I hope you get back to your ways soon, milady. As a fellow Taurean, I know you will...we are known to get a kick out of the small things in life and not from it ;)
Pinku said…
Seventh Scorpio: u disappear and reappear so often!!!!

How are u? whats happening in life?

yeah now that u mention it I guess the toddler is better than an adult. :)

Mixed: its always such a pleasure to see your comment...cant stop smiling.
hope things are better for u now.:)

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31