The Dilemma


In the caverns of my mind thoughts resonate

all trying to be heard

all trying to be supreme


A hopeful word here, a spiteful one there,

a warm smile, a foolish indulgence

all jostling for space


Which do I throw away?

Which do I give credence as mine?

Born of me they all are, yet not mine


I fumble, I weep

I tear at my hair in despair

Which thought should I choose

to lead me into darkness or sunshine?


They have the power of destruction

and creation too

Like Kali and Parvati, both are mighty

Which Goddess do I worship?


I know you will tell me both are the same

Sides of the same coin

But me a mere mortal with numbered days

growing shorter each moment

has neither the depth nor

inclination to choose between the two


I think I shall just pull up the cover

you call a shroud and let all the thoughts

be at rest forever


(picture coursey wikimedia)

Comments

I guess this is the first time I see you writing poetry, and a pretty good one at that.
Hope this year brings t you all that you wish for including the LBD :)
mixdbrew said…
Oh...how beautiful. How simple, yet how eloquent your words are Pinku. I do hope you write more poetry...it brings you out totally.
Manish Raj said…
Pinku - liked the poetry but why such thoughts ?

Wish you happiness in the new year.
Manish
aKaNKsHa sHaRMa said…
Hmmm... disturbing... but very fine.. :)

Cheers!
Akanksha
Anonymous said…
A new facet to your writing skills... Brilliant!!! :-)
Michelangelo said there is a jesus and a judas in all of us. But we are ultimately what we chose to be. May the good thoughts reign supreme.
Pinku said…
thanks Sujoy. :) had written a few pieces earlier too....though I hardly think they merit being called poems. That sounds so lofty.

Hey Mixed....thanks for the appreciation.

Manish...a lovely new year to you too. Was feeling low, the weather was foggy and the words just poured out while waiting for a client meeting to happen.

Akanksha : thank you for such kind words.

photogawker: have we interacted before? thanks for the nice words keep coming.

Akshaya: yes both jesus and judas....one would be nothing without the other me thinks at times.
rayshma said…
awesome. the picture... and the thoughts.
hope all's well now...
Anonymous said…
My bad. I should've mentioned that this is Trevor from the erstwhile moon's croon... :-)
Sh@s said…
Very poignant.
Keep it up!!
Pinku said…
trevor :) u have been missed...welcome back.

Shas....thanks, keep coming
sindhu said…
Wow...that was nice, very moving...
Pinku said…
thanks Sindhu...hows life been with u?
Unknown said…
Very well expressed! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31