This is my 100th post and I don’t know what to write.

I want it to be monumental. I want it to be different. I want it to be something I can come back to read after writing another 99 posts. I don’t trust myself to write something that good.

So I asked a few blogger friends to write down their perception of me and my blog. They were really sweet and inspite of their very busy schedules (what with Diwali close) they actually took out time and wrote a few words.
Here, I share it with you:

Phatichar: Pinku, one who leads the enchanted life. When I first started speaking to her a few months back, she seemed guarded. But that is only natural in this online world, isn’t it? Gradually that guard was dropped and pretty soon we got along like wild fire, common interests fuelling our conversations everyday – books, movies, food and a whole lot more. And then I went back and read all her posts. And after reading that, from a good online friend, she instantly transformed into a figure to respect. It was not just the writing; that is awesome anyways. But it was something after reading which, I felt …well, for want of better words, inadequate, in front of her. There’s much to learn about life from her. She has come a long way, and deserves every bit of happiness life has to offer her. Her guardian angel is doing a fine job I must say. Won’t want to lose your friendship, girl. You rock!

Stygian Sailor: Pinku-dom and the Republic of the Stygian Sailor are probably the opposite poles of Blogville. Optimism and peace are the national languages of Pinku-dom in stark contrast to cynicism and sarcasm which reign in the Sailor’s republic. So what’s the connection? Opposite poles attract. The amazing optimism portrayed in Pinku’s posts draw the Sailor to Pinku-dom. Having a million ideas is some thing, but having staunch faith in those ideas and pursuing them takes a lot more character. It is hard to come by these days. It isn’t every day that one leads an enchanted life.
Cheers to the hundred posts.

Mampi: My blogger mate Priyanka aka Pinku is a person who I can safely call genuine without having to eat my words later on with a lot of pickle and sauce. She is one of the few blogger mates that i have met in person and it was a pleasure meeting her. Her tolerance for my son, who was at his impossible best that day, will always go down in history in golden words. I have always liked to share a giggle or two the moment I come back from work because we are die-hard chatters. We share fun, sorrow, bickerings about work, and counting our blessings during these sessions.
Her creativity is inspiring. Her blog reflects an honest soul who is no super-heroine but who has her own take on all the issues facing a common person living in India. May her creed prosper !

Hemanth: I might not have known her for all that long but, in the few years that I have known her; she has been a great friend. It was her blog that started me off blogging and it was her support and encouragement that kept me going all this while. Thanks, for being there during all those time that I really needed you. Wish you, all the best and good luck!

Thank you so much guys for sparing time for me!!! I hope we remain friends forever.

If any of you would be kind enough to add a few words I will be really very grateful.

Comments

Mampi said…
Wow Pinku,
What a great way to celebrate your 100th post! I would surely like to pick your idea when I approach my 100th post, it is a long way though.
You definitely deserve what Sri and Sailor had to say about you; I am glad we three are almost close in our observation and expression about you.
Here's to another 100 posts. I Love reading your blog.
Pinku said…
hey mampi..thanks for the comment....my post without your comment seems incomplete somehow...even when part of the post is written by you. :)
Anonymous said…
Wow...thatz great Pinku ..100 posts..

Well,In little time,you have become very close and dear to me..You have lot of positive thoughts and your blog hence give out positive vibrations..I like it most when you address social issues.Keep up the spirit and keep writing and inspiring people like me..

Good day ((hugs))

Nimmy
Anonymous said…
Congratulations :)

U r a very honest writer and its always a pleasure reading ur blogs :) Here wishing a hundred more hundreds to come :)
Iya said…
Hey.. First of all congrats on your 100th post and it sure is a brilliant idea to celebrate it like this...
What your friends have written bout u is really nice.. though I have just started reading your blog I could agree to so much stuff that they have listed...
Way to go girl... wish u many such milestones...
phatichar said…
Yeah, here's to (raises a toast) a hundred more, and many hundreds more... :-)
Congratulations on your hundredth post :) I agree with Mampi, you are genuine, and with stygian soldier, that Pinku-dom is about peace and optimism. With Nimmy about your posts on Social issues. I add honest, sensitive and frank to the list. I loved your post about how your God was the greatest, the best, and err... also appreciated the frankness with which you disapproved of my attempts at being seventeen at thirty five :)
Pinku said…
hey Nimmy....thanks and yes I feel close to you too thanks to your blog.


Worldthrumyeyes: thank you so much...I strive hard to stay honest though i do err at times...your words are positive reinforcement...will try harder still.

Hey Iya...many thanks.

Phatichar....thank you so much.
Pinku said…
IHM...thank you so much for your comment and bravo for coming out into the open about your age....and guess what am happily surprised I actually thought you are older than 35.
Pinku That was a joke again, I said 17 at 35, and so 21 at 43 :)
Rajindarjit said…
Congrats on making a century.

Keep it up.

Dhindsa
Anonymous said…
Hey! Am a relatively new fan of your blog..(Mampi introduced me to you).I love reading your blog...thank you for enriching my life with your experiences and writings.Congratulations on your 100th post and heres to at least a million more to come....
BG said…
Congratulations :)wishing a hundred more hundreds to come.
hey pinku...dis is a super cute post and I must say I've been frequenting ur blog only since a month or two but I really like both your blog and your comments...like is a very inadequate word..what I man is I like the persona that your writing reflects. And with every comment there's so much care and love that comes through..
Glad to have stumbled on your blog :)
Keshi said…
Excellent Pinku and happy blogging in future too! :)

Keshi.
Pinku said…
IHM....i really got taken in...anyways I dont think for a moment that you are a day older than me so it should be fine. Just dont be younger otherwise I will be J. :)

Dear Dhindsa,

thank you so much for your wishes.

Dear Sailor...thank you so much.


Hey Kiran...welcome to my enchanted world. Hope you continue to visit.

Hey invincible...thanks :)

Akshaya...thank you so much for the kind words...the love and care is genuine and I hope to make my world a better place through those two oft spoken about seldom practised feelings.

Thanks Keshi... :)
Trevor Penn said…
Congratulations for the landmark achievement. I can't even remember my 100th post. You've chosen a nice way to commemorate this milestone.

It's your clarity of thought and your staunch resistance to ambivalence towards issues of grave importance that have drawn me here repeatedly. You inspire without being preachy. You're a difference maker and i hope you continue your good work.
Titaxy said…
Pinku, congrats on your 100th. And what a great way to celebrate a milestone ! Your writing is very creative and enriching and I wish that continues for hundreds and hundreds of posts more !

I wish you very many success to come... :-)...
Pinku said…
Trevor...thank you so much for your kind words...

V....S - thank you :)
rayshma said…
heyy... here late, but congratss!!!! :)
abt u... i love ur honesty, the clarity of ur thoughts.. knowing what you want, knowing what you believe in and standing by your ideals takes a different mold, gurl. and i think u have been molded in that mold.

here's to the next 100! :)
Pinku said…
Hey Rayshma, you are forgiven for being late cause I know you are living a hectic and interesting life right now.

Thanks for your kind words.
congratulations on 100. may there be many, many more.
Anser Azim said…
Speak up against this. this has no religion but ignorance!!!
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/2_girls_burned_alive_for_visiting_boys_on_Diwali/articleshow/3697230.cms
best

anser
Balvinder Balli said…
Belated CONGRATS. waiting for another century. Keep it up

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31