A Small Death


Death they say comes only once. What do they know?

In my life it comes so often that I have forgotten to count.

That time when the Maths teacher pointed out that my scores were the least in a class of 56.

When the boy I fancied told me to deliver a love note to my friend. And then horror of horrors they went out on a date.

Once when I jumped trying to be brave from the ramparts of an old fort and landed up with a broken ankle.
Also when I nearly drowned in trying to cross a stream and reach the other side.

And more than once when I hear the bitterness in a loved ones’ voice.

Tell me then how can they say that death comes only once?

What do they know?

Comments

Sahil Banga said…
whoa! aise to apun bhi bahut baar marela hai...

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31