yet again...

Sleepless nights
mirthless days are here again
again I ll hear false footsteps
Count days backward
forward
and backward again

again the pain will ebb and flow
like it has scores of time before

Those days are here again.

The brief interlude when you are with me,
when I glimpse at what life could be,
should be, are gone

and I am left holding my constant companions
pain and memories
memories which evoke more pain
pain which makes the memories more bittersweet

I go over what you said,
I go over what we left unsaid
the smile shared and food, music and silence

remember yet again your face
above, below and all round me
giving meaning to things which had seemed mundane before

I remember you gently rocking me to sleep
I remember you gently pulling me from it
into the enchanted world of your arms

Briefly you turned this brick and mortar structure
into a home
its back again to its cold cruel self

again we wait
the house and me
for you to breathe life into us
the way only you can

Comments

phatichar said…
poignant. :)

You write so well yourself. Thanks for dropping by and commenting. Feel free to mail me at the ID on my profile, pinku. Would be glad to exchange notes. Take care.
Anonymous said…
tears.....

swadha
AVIANA said…
who is this about pinku?

thank you for stopping by...

i know keshi appreciates your thoughts....

have a nice monday! :)
Pinku said…
Phatichar - thanks for dropping by and yes would love to know you better. will pucca write in soon.

Dear Swadha - tears mean we still have a warm heart inside ...and thats what matters isnt it?

Aviana - I thought you would know the answer to that...its about love...what else could raise such emotions?
~Hemanth~ said…
Nice...this poem deserves praise. *Applauds*

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31