A Dialogue on Exactly how Much is Enough

Woman: I miss you so much it’s difficult to carry on...

Man: yes, I know you do, I miss you too.

Woman: No you don’t atleast not the way I do. For me your absence feels like a gaping whole in the center of my being and whatever I may do or wherever I am I feel this empty space besides me, within me.

Man: I understand all that but listen there are so many things you could do to keep yourself busy that will take your mind off me. Read, paint, listen to music, go out, catch a movie or a play, concentrate on your work you hold a responsible position.

Woman: Why don’t you understand? I do all that, I also move things around the house, re-do my wardrobe for the umpteenth time, make friends with the neighborhood children and look out of the window at the neighbours but your non-presence still irks. Its like a toothache always there and no matter what you do, say or see it never leaves your side.

Man: Sweets, you are being unreasonable, why can’t you enjoy life as it is and whenever we are together we can enjoy ourselves?

Woman: what’s unreasonable about it?

Man: you are taking this to such extremes. Why can’t you be reasonable about it? Miss me by all means but not this much.

Woman: And what is the correct proportion of missing then?

Man: It should be just enough that I know I am wanted but not so much that it disturbs me and makes me feel guilty.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i can so relate to this exchange of words. im feelin' it.
Pinku said…
Dear anonymous friend!

Wish you had said who you are and whether you relate to it as the man or woman.

But thanks for your comment all the same.
Anonymous said…
itz..xactly my present state of mind..u have this amazing art of just getting the rite words....


swadha
Anonymous said…
well justified abt the 'do somethng' part. but yeah, there r thngs which cannot be measured.
Pinku said…
Dear Sahil,

Thanks for all your comments. And many thanks for agreeing with a woman's point of view even if you do it only to be politically corrct ;)
AVIANA said…
HI!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcom to my little blog! It's always great to meet new people in this blog world.

Yea, feelings can't be measured. Whoever this guy is a prick. How can you feel guilty that someone misses you. How can you criticize them for loving you enough to miss you.

I've had experiences like this many times before. I don't do relationships anymore because if this exact scenario. Oh well.....

Men!!!

Lisa
Pinku said…
hey! Lisa,

welcome to my enchanted world!

I agree with you men can be real pricks but I refuse to look only at the dark side, they can also be loving, caring, friendly without bitching and not to mention great lovers ;) so it might actually be a good idea to give them a second chance
and maybe another too since it does take them more time to evolve you know.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31