Travellers All

Hi,

I am off on another jaunt. Am not sure where but I think it will be the hills, have been daydreaming of the rains in the hills for the past few days. It’s a beautiful sight and the rainwater seems to wash away every worry, every problem, I am hoping it will do the same for me yet again.

The last few days have been full of turmoil and I find it hard to concentrate on work or even hope for a better future without the bitterness of the present seeping into it.

Anyways, just the thought of traveling has perked me up a bit and I thought I would share with you some fun snippets from my previous trips.

Over heard in a train:

“Iska paer kharab hai, uska pet kharab hai aur mera dimaag kharab hai” a man telling a flustered middle-aged lady who is asking everyone around to exchange seats with her since she has got a middle berth.


The viewer’s view:

“chaliye yahan khare ho jayiye aur neeche dekhiye, yeh Mussourie ka view point hai. Chaliye, chaliye aab aage chaliye” A tour guide shepherding his flock oops!! tourists.


On a sleeper bus:

“ Nahi, nahi aap inke saath nahi share kar sakte raat ko kuch ho gaya toh bus toh hamari thane mein jayegi.” Conductor to a couple who have declared themselves friends and not husband-wife, the safer alibi.


Yet another bus:

A middle-aged gentleman who befriended me, “Oh! So you are traveling alone? I have a place up here you can come and stay with me.” An embarrassed silence and then “I didn’t quite mean it that way, you know. Next time you come with friends you can still come and stay.”

So there I leave you on a lighter, happier note, have a gr8 weekend.
Cheers!

Pinku

Comments

bugs said…
Hey you are too fast...i mean since your last blog i saw ...you have posted couple of more...didt read all but this one. It definitely brought a smile on my face...would just say that..life definitely resides in those small moments which make us smile.
I too have posted something...do visit when free.
chao.
Bugs
Anonymous said…
yaar kya weekend, mine is screwed up, and not to tell that i too day dreamed abt rains in the hills. never mind, kabhi to milega jahaan...
Sundari said…
oh... I seriously wish that I had come with you to the place near Mussourie(sorry forgot the name) last time...
Yeah I know.. I know ..U told me so...
:-))

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31