Going Bananas Over a Pie

Banoffee Pie seems to be quite the favorite of my office team mates going by the main dessert order at any office get together.

Since I do bake a colleague asked if I could make one and bring it to office. Now I never eat bananas and therefore have never ever tasted the pie and had no inclination to make one either especially since even the partner didnt seem to think much of this particular dish though his sweet tooth is legendary.








But since the colleague asked I thought why not give it a try.

I checked on a few sites for the recipe and figured that its a pretty simple one actually.

A few ingredients, no baking and almost child's play in terms of putting together. Though I didn't eat it, it got polished off in office and people have demanded repeats so am feeling emboldened enough to post it here.


Ingredients:

400 gms digestive biscuits - I used Britannia Nutrichoice, crushed. If using a mixer remember not to make it too fine
200 gms butter - I used unsalted butter
2 tins condensed milk - I use Amul
2 small packs of Amul cream - usually double cream is used but since thats not easily available I make do with Amul cream.
2 large bananas - you can add some more if you like
1 chocolate for grating/decor

Melt butter (20 secs in the microwave) add the crushed biscuit and spread on the bottom of a baking tin. Let it chill.
To make the toffee put the Amul condensed milk tin in a pressure cooker, fill up with water and let it cook for about thirty minutes on low flame). Wait for it too cool down completely before attempting to open the tin can.
When cool spread the toffee over the biscuit base. slice up a couple of ripe bananas on top of toffee whip up the cream and spread over the banana.

Whipping regular Amul cream is a task since its not double cream. Here's what you can do. Chill the cream packets for sometime in the freezer. Take them out cut the top and scoop out the cream on the top making sure to leave the watery bit out. In a large bowl pour lots of ice and a bit of chilled water place the bowl of cream on top and then use a electric beater to whip the cream. In about fifteen odd minutes you will have whipped cream of medium consistency.

Grate some chocolate or even chocolate curls, or drizzle melted chocolate over the top chill (or serve straight away) and serve to very happy people!



    The pics above are all from Google since I forgot to click my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31