then and now

Touching heart strings then
you only touch raw nerves now
I think I do the same

Glancing behind us I see
a dense but beautiful jungle
looking ahead all I see is rocky wilderness

Am unable to go on, but go on I must
not for myself, not even for you
but for that third someone

Someone, I thought would be the symbol
of our shared love and passion
but I fear will only bear the burden of our bitterness and battles

Battles that I cannot fight and you must
cause I am the only person you can hit out at
only person who is close enough to hear the curses, the bitterness,
feel you moving away while I grope

in the darkness for another ounce of strength, fortitude, patience. Love.

Comments

mixdbrew said…
Sigh...why must life be so hard? My heart feels for you, identifies with you. All I can say is there's always a silver lining somewhere, always...and you just have to patiently wait for it to see you through.

Popular posts from this blog

Some dreams

My God’s Strongest

Learning’s at 31